The Africa Association of Entrepreneurs (AAE) is a volunteer-run organisation. Volunteers are located throughout globe and work is coordinated by a head office in Ghana, lead volunteers and a network of national teams. AAE volunteers mainly work virtually, making use of online collaboration tools to support each other and other SMEs. However, national teams sometimes also offer in-person support services.
- Volunteer Groups (Volunteers, Interns)
- Terms of reference for AAE facilitated Volunteer-Member Collaboration
- UNV Online Volunteers End of Assigment Procedure
What is the terms of reference for facilitated AAE volunteer-entrepreneur collaborations?
- AAE-facilitated Volunteer-Entrepreneur collaborations are for remote or online assistance and does not require physical presence at the office of the entrepreneur. The Volunteer is an ‘AAE Volunteer’ and not a staff, partner etc of the entrepreneur. This connection is for charitable cause only and ends at the end of the agreed date of completion
- Volunteer may communicate directly with entrepreeur and may share the results of collaboration with AAE at the end
Is there compensation for volunteering work?
Volunteers serve at their own pace and commitments can be flexible. Tasks can be undertaken whenever volunteers are available, and not heavily impacting their regular schedules. There are currently no monetary compensation for volunteer time or services done online. Served or active volunteers will be issued Reference or Appreciation Letters. AAE is forever grateful to volunteers for their contribution without which it would be difficult to continue our work.
Are there some tasks that I can perform on my own?
Yes, you can perform any of these task and contact us anytime to share the results.
Who are Volunteer Leads?
Volunteer Leads are are middle management supervisors and visionaries who take up supervisory roles on innovative AAE activities and projects. The ideas of our volunteers count in ensuring that we explore ways of addressing the needs and provide valuable support to our community.
What is the AAE Leadership Team?
The AAE Team is comprised of head office volunteers (Cornelius Nartey, Daniel Lartey), Volunteer Leads (Lisa Samson, USA, Nicola Ball, Uganda, Winnifred Acheampong, Ghana, Lim Wenyao, Germany, Daëlle G. ISRAËL, Haiti) and National Project Leads.
UNV Online Volunteers End of Assigment Procedure
UNV-AAE online volunteers serving on AAE task are issued with a Certificate of Appreciation through the UNV website. Download the End of Assignment– Online Volunteering – Standard Operating Procedure or follow these steps to generate a certificate:
- The UNV-AAE volunteer complete feedback form on the UNV website based on collaboration.
- AAE Supervisor working with UNV-AAE volunteer complete the feedback form based on online volunteer performance during collaboration
- After feedback was provided the UNV system generates a certificate of appreciation in three languages. Send notification to online volunteer regarding certificate of appreciation ready for download
- The UNV-AAE Volunteer view and download certificate (optional)